High School Student Exploration Program
- Grades 10-12
- Shadow healthcare professionals
- Learn medical skills
- Become CPR certified
- Learn about your options for college
- Staffed by graduate-level health professions students
- Scholarships awarded based on need and availability
- EXPLORE a variety of careers and opportunities in health care from the well-known careers to the unexpected. Through workshops and job shadows, students will have an opportunity to see a variety of careers in the health care workforce. Students will also learn some basic medical skills, medical terminology and be introduced to a variety of career and education tracks.
- SHADOW health care professionals in their work setting. Students will participate in 4 three-hour job shadows throughout the week. These shadows will allow students to experience some of the careers that they have identified as interests and also some exploration of careers they may have never thought about.
- INCREASE AWARENESS of personal interests, values and skills in relation to health careers. Through workshops, students will learn about skills that they need to be successful in college, such as study skills, time management and choosing the right college. Students will also learn about opportunities available to them now to enhance their competitiveness for college.
For more information about MedQuest.